Messmer's UV Plus is a penetrating wood deck stain and oil finish that beautifies and protects exterior wood, providing a natural appearance. It is ideal for use on cedar, pine, redwood, and pressure treated wood and comes in a variety of tones and semi-transparent colors. It does not form a surface film when properly applied and is not subject to peeling and flaking.
Messmer's UV Plus allows you to protect and beautify your wood while maintaining a natural appearance. It will change the color of the wood but not the texture, and will not obscure the natural wood grain. Colors range from lightly pigmented toners to semitransparent stains.
UV Plus is a 1 coat product and does not require any top coats or pretreatments before application. You can use it on decks, fences, siding, log homes, and nearly all exterior wood surfaces.
On vertical, smooth surfaces, UV Plus wood deck stain can be expected to last for 2-3 years, on rough surfaces 3-4 years, and on horizontals for 18 months-2 years. The time element will vary depending on conditions such as sunlight, weather and direction of exposure.
All wood should be cleaned prior to coating. Please see:
Messmers Wood and Deck Cleaners/Brighteners
- Trans-Oxide pigments to protect the wood from the sun?s harmful rays.
- Blend of natural and synthetic oils that condition and enhance the beauty of wood.
- Long lasting water repellency
- High solids content - 50% to 60%
- Reduces warping, shrinking and cracking of wood
- Penetrating Natural Oil Finish
- Exceptional color retention
- Available in 8 COLORS
FOR USE ON:
- Wood Siding
- Log Homes
- Fences and other exterior wood surfaces
- One Coat is suggested
- Smooth wood: 150-250 square feet
- Rough wood: 100-150 square feet
Messmers UV Plus Facts