When brightening Wood or Decks, use a brightening product similar to Restore-A-Deck or the Defy Deck Brightener. This is extremely important after cleaning or stripping the wood. Not only will this "brighten" the wood, it will also neutralize the cleaner or stripper, ensuring that your deck stain will perform properly.
- Apply immediately after done cleaning/stripping the wood. Do not allow the wood to dry! Take extra care to pre-rinse vegetation.
- Apply Deck Brightener following manufacturer's directions. Most brighteners can be applied with a pump-up sprayer. The brightener should dwell on the wood for 5-15 minutes. Make sure that you mist the deck with water if it starts to dry. Use protective clothing, glasses,and gloves. We sell environmentally friendly products but they can still cause a reaction to skin and eyes.
- When done take time to rinse the wood, home, vegetation, cleaner residue, grime, and wood fibers.
- Wood should dry for 48 hours prior to a Deck Stain application.
*Make sure that you follow all manufacturer's instructions.
Other Related Must Reads!
- 101 Wood Deck Restoration Tips
- 10 Myths for Wood and Deck Restoration
- Stain a Deck in Two Hours
- Wood and Deck Cleaning Tips
- Wood and Deck Stripping Tips
- Wood and Deck Pressure Washing Tips
Comments (12)Subscribe to this comment's feed
Ask a Question or Write Review